As an assignment for my CAP 105 class, we had to edit a photo by removing an element and adding a filter. Before this assignment, I was already pretty familiar with the software. This assignment was a nice refresher because it was been awhile since I used Photoshop.
On the right is my before image, it was taken in GVSU’s Arboretum. As you can see, both have a few minor blemishes and her bra strap is showing. To begin I went in with the healing tool and removed the blemishes. Then I used the clone stamp to remove the
showing bra strap. Next I was curious what the image would look like if the blanket went all the way to the edge of the frame and removing the patch of leafs. Trying to edit such a large area can be a tricky process because you can often tell you have messed with it in the final image. This was especially hard because the blanket had a pattern I had to try and replicate. You can tell in my final image but I think only if you look for it since the focus is their faces and the blanket is the background. Finally, I decreased the saturation to give the image a softer feel since there are lots bright colors in the clothes and blanket. Below is the image after editing.